Last Updated on 3rd October 2019 Version 1.1
• WHAT ARE COOKIES?
• ESSENTIAL COOKIES
• NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES
• SPECIFIC COOKIES USED ON THIS SITE
• HOW TO DELETE OR DISABLE COOKIES VIA YOUR BROWSER
• COMPANY DETAILS
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Our Site uses a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is an element of data (usually a very small file) that a website can send to Your browser, which may then store it on Your computer or mobile device. These cookies allow Us to correctly operate the Site and/or to provide You with web pages or content that are tailored to You. For example, some cookies remember Your custom preferences. This information can, in some cases, be carried from one visit of our Site (or related site) to the next (for example, to help You avoid having to re-enter certain information when You visit the same page later. Some of these cookies require Your consent (as explained below).
Some cookies are created for each session when You visit Our Site, while others are persistent and may remain for a number of months or years to facilitate Your access to Our Site.
Apart from the cookies We make use of Ourselves, various third-party cookies may also be stored on Your computer or mobile device, including Google Analytics. We strongly suggest that You read the cookie policies of any such third-party cookies.
ESSENTIAL AND NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES
We divide cookies into two main categories namely:
1) ESSENTIAL COOKIES. These are strictly necessary to ensure that the Site functions in Your everyday use of it or for Us to provide You with the service(s) You expect from Us. Cookies used for the sole purpose of carrying out or facilitating the transmission of a communication will also be considered as essential cookies. We do not require Your consent to use such essential cookies but You may still block or delete them (see below).
Some examples of essential cookies as found in the European Commission’s EU Internet Handbook (see http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm) are as follows:
• USER INPUT cookies (session-id) such as first party cookies to keep track of the User’s input when filling online forms, shopping carts, etc., for the duration of a session or persistent cookies limited to a few hours in some cases
• AUTHENTICATION cookies, to identify the User once he has logged in, for the duration of a session
• USER CENTRIC SECURITY cookies, used to detect authentication abuses, for a limited persistent duration
• MULTIMEDIA CONTENT PLAYER cookies, used to store technical data to play back video or audio content, for the duration of a session
• LOAD BALANCING cookies, for the duration of session
• USER INTERFACE CUSTOMISATION cookies such as language or font preferences, for the duration of a session (or slightly longer)
• THIRD PARTY SOCIAL PLUG IN CONTENT SHARING cookies, for logged in members of a social network
2) NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES. These are not required for the essential functioning of the Site, although they may greatly enhance Your experience of using Our Site. For example, non-essential cookies may be used for the following reasons:
• PREFERENCES. These cookies would remember Your custom preferences. For example, this helps You avoid having to re-enter certain information when You visit the same page later;
• MARKETING. Here, the cookies would be used to gather information about Your browsing habits allowing Us to provide You with more relevant information and material that would be of interest to You;
• STATISTICS. These help Us gather information about users on Our Site(s), such as when You first visited the Site and/or how often You access it and at what particular time. These also include cookies that log how You came across the Site, using which search engine or other link.
YOU MAY WITHDRAW SUCH CONSENT FOR NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES AT ANY TIME BY THE SAME METHOD IN WHICH YOU GAVE IT TO US.
SPECIFIC COOKIES USED ON THIS SITE:
The specific cookies we use on our Site are as follows:
HOW TO DELETE OR DISABLE COOKIES VIA YOUR BROWSER
Even if We obtain Your consent to use non-essential cookies or if We use essential cookies (where we don’t need your consent), You can still control Your settings in Your browser to delete or disable cookies.
If Your browser is NOT configured, by default, to block all or certain cookies, You may manually configure Your browser to either reject all cookies or control which cookies are set on Your computer or mobile device through the Site. Should You wish to reject all or certain cookies used by Our Site, You may modify Your web browser preferences to do so.
If You reject ALL cookies (including Essential Cookies) then You might be unable to use some of the features or services available on Our Site and You might also experience a lack of full functionality of the Site.
Usually, the information on how to change Your options regarding cookies can be obtained by referring to Your operating system’s manual or to the ‘Help’ section of Your web browser, or by contacting Your Internet Service Provider.
You may also find all the necessary information on how to make the necessary configuration settings by visiting the following helpful site: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
For more information please feel free to contact us as indicated below.
W.J. Parnis England Ltd is the data controller responsible for processing of Your personal data that takes place via the Site or in the manner explained above.
If You have any questions/ comments about privacy, You should contact Us at: [email protected] or by writing to W.J. Parnis England Limited, 60 South Street, Valletta, Malta, by phoning Us using telephone number (+356)21244306 (during normal office hours) or by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
W.J. Parnis England Ltd’s Data Protection Officer is Johanna Petreski who can be contacted directly at [email protected]
Last Updated on 3rd October 2019 Version 1.1